Started Aug 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dan W
Senior MemberPosts: 2,189Gear list
Like?
European Vacation (photos)
Aug 25, 2013

My wife and I just returned from our vacation in Europe. The occasion was our 35th wedding anniversary so we planned a nice trip that included visits to Amsterdam, Brugge and Paris, as well as a cruise to Norway from Amsterdam.

We had a great time. I planned to take a lot of photos and took my 5R as well as my DSLR (D7000). I used the 5R as much as possible and it worked out well. I brought only two lenses, the 16mm pancake plus fisheye attachment and the Sigma 30mm (original version). The Sigma is sharp as everyone here knows but the pancake is fine too IMO.

Unfortunately, while riding a tandem bike in Amsterdam, the Sigma dropped out of my pocket and hit the ground! It appeared to be ok but was stuck wide open and the AF was broken. To my surprise and relief, I found another copy at a good price in Haugesund, Norway. Thank you, Japan Photo.

I'm still going through my photos, but here are two each from the 16mm and the 30mm.

DW

On the way to Norway from Amsterdam--16mm with fisheye

Near Flåm, Norway--16mm

My wife at Sacre Coeur--Sigma

Amsterdam canal house stairwell--Sigma

Dan W's gear list:Dan W's gear list
Canon PowerShot D10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Nikon D7000 Sony a6000
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow