Pictures of Olympus 12-40mm on 43rumors

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
jpark1982
Regular MemberPosts: 120
Like?
Re: Lol, I think I agree...
In reply to Olymore, 11 months ago

Olymore wrote:

I'm fairly sure you're going to be disappointed on the cost of the lens.
I suspect initial cost will be close to $2k though it will fall a few hundred after a few months.

But it should be very high quality. I suspect it will be better than the HG four thirds lenses and close to the SHG ones

I doubt that it'll be close to 2k.  They're not stupid, they know that people would resist if it was $2,000.  That price point is in the Canon/Nikon 24-70 f/2.8 range.  I could see this lens MSRP for $1,399 or so, a little more than the Panasonic 12-35 but also sell for around $1,200, much like the Panasonic you can find for around $1,000 if you look in the right place.  I could see the body retail for around the same, so if they can put out a kit with the new body and lens for around $2,000-2,200 it could potentially sell well.

I did some shooting today with my E-M5 and PL25 combo and while the results look bland when chimping on the rear screen, once transferred onto my computer and iPad I'm very pleased.  More so than I was with y NEX setup. An E-M1 with better noise performance over the E-M5 will have me sold.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
oopsNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow