Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MikeFromMesa
Senior MemberPosts: 2,849
Like?
PSP X6 under Parallels on the Mac.
8 months ago

I don't much use PSP anymore since I upgraded to the Mac version of CS6 but, when I got notification of the new release, I downloaded the trial and installed it. I was thinking about buying a copy for someone in my family and wanted to see how it works before I spent the money. Glad I did.

Here is a screen shot of X6 running on my MBP (Retina) under Parallels. Notice that there are no displayed buttons for Manage, Adjust and Edit and that the Corel logo at the top left is missing.

Here is a screen shot of the same version running on my PC. Here you can easily see the buttons as well as the Corel logo.

H

I have tried running this in both Retina and Scaled settings, with the gpu constantly on and off, and at various Windows resolution settings. It made no difference. There are no Manage, Adjust and Edit buttons whenever I run this under Parallels.

I contacted Parallels technical support to tell them about this issue but they, of course, pointed the finger at Corel. They pointed me to their web page about display issues but the first thing on that page said that this was probably a Parallels problem if it occurred on the Mac under Parallels but not under Windows on a PC. Since that has been my experience I suspect that this is a Parallels issue.

I was wondering if anyone here has tried running the new X6 under Parallels and, if so, if they were also seeing this issue. Or am I the only "lucky" one?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow