Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MrsNikon
Contributing MemberPosts: 628
Like?
Mac Heartburn: Adobe Flash Installation and latest Version of Mac Office 2011
8 months ago

After 3 years of problem free iMac use I am running in to snags with software updates. I get the Adobe Flash Player 11 update alert notifying me that there's an update available. I get to 95% and get the Error: General Installation error. I even uninstalled my existing version of Flash and now cannot install any version. I ave Javascript enables, I have plenty of hard drive space. I am working with OSX 10.8.4. I hunted around under the hood with Safari Preference and all seems well.

I am having the same roadblock when it comes to installing 14.3.6 update for Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac. Cannot run that sucker either. Went a different route and dowloaded the file on its own from the Microsoft website and same issue.  The file opens and you get the preparing for installation and then the Install Icon on my bottom menu on the iMac keeps bouncing and I have the spinning beach ball.  After about a minute or so I get the dreaded Installer Quit with miles of errors in the box.

Is there a temp file folder somewhere that may not have enough space. Really pulling my hair out over this one.  I even downloaded the files and made sure nothing else was running or plugged in and even turned off WiFi.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions -- I am starting to feel like I did when I owned a PC. Ick!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow