HS50EXR - SL1000 - Any other superzoom - Which one to buy ??

Started Apr 9, 2013 | Questions thread
Sactojim
Senior MemberPosts: 3,152
Like?
3 From SX40
In reply to jcmarfilph, Aug 24, 2013

jcmarfilph wrote:

Sactojim wrote:

jcmarfilph wrote:

Sactojim wrote:

jcmarfilph wrote:

Sactojim wrote:

morganfj wrote:

milind2110 wrote:

Hi, I am a camera enthusiast & own, at present, HS10 and want to buy "all in one, superzoom bridge camera" like HS50EXR or SL1000 or CanonSX50HS but cant decide which one to buy,( I normally depend on the DP Review & specs of the camera)

Need an experts view / suggestions / advice on which one to buy.

Previously, I have owned "Yashica FX3", "Minolta XD-11", "Nikon N-60" & then "Minolta DIMAGE1" & then "HS10"

Looking forward to some valuable suggestions on this please.

Thnx.

Cameras are all good you listed.

Look for features you may use. For example, do you need exposures longer than 8 seconds, the the SL1000 would be your choice. I have found that all of these perform about the same though I prefer the SL1000 due to features verses price.

If you or anyone has some images taken with the SL1000, I would really love to see them. This cam has many of the features I want..especially with the CMOS sensor. I also like the fact that Fuji put a high end EVF on it along with a superb LCD. Thanks!

If you only like that fact that it is slow motorized zoom and has longer zoom then that is understandable otherwise HS50 is a much better camera in any way.

-=[ Joms ]=-

Joms, I think you overestimate the slight benefit of a manual zoom..nice to have, but not necessary. And longer zoom is only as good as the sensor and good glass work in tandem. From what I have seen between the HS30/HS50, the IQ is not quite there when compared to Canon's SX40/50 series and the Nikon P510. Fuji's CMOS sensor in this should be do a great job with IQ, but there is darn little images from it, especially someone knowledgeable, to determine it's IQ.

SX40 IQ is no better than HS50 based on my own side by side unbiased, unpaid comparisons. SX50/SL1000 will definitely have a slight edge on the long zoom end if you shoot the same distant subject within the same distance vs HS50 because of the longer zoom. HS50 has FSI CMOS + EXR processor and slightly larger sensor than those motoyrized superzoom so I am not sure why do you think a 2nd tier SL1000 camera from Fuji will beat its flagship camera (X-S1 is better in sheer IQ). Do you want me to compare SX50 vs HS50? Stay tuned...

-=[ Joms ]=-

Sorry Joms, but the only Fuji with really good IQ is the X-S1 and that's not a cam I'm interested in as the price is in DSLR territory and I have that covered. I've seen enough of the Canon SX40/50 images (even the Nikon P510 and the FZ200) to give them a nod over the HS30/HS50 Fuji's.

Post 3 of your best/strongest IQ pics from your HS50 and I'll see what I can come up with on my Sx40. You can even shoot RAW, but mine will be JPEG.

Have you seen a side-by-side comparison versus HS50? No? How can you nod to those cameras just by looking at the totally and completely different shots?

Post my best from HS50 and your best from SX40? How about side-by-side?

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3475589

-=[ Joms ]=-

Ok Joms, here's my three from this Wednesdays wet and rainy hike at Lake Tahoe. We seldom get rain in N. California this time of year, but it came down in buckets with thunder and lighting. The dogs were not happy!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow