What's my RX1 worth ?

Started Aug 23, 2013 | Questions thread
mcshan
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,347Gear list
Like?
DF....an update
In reply to DFPanno, Aug 24, 2013

Hi DF,  Hope you see this post.  I have been struggling a bit the first week with the RX1R.  Starting yesterday I began shooting RAW. The first week was basically this pattern: jpeg, pp in LR, and maybe adjust post lightroom with Zoombrowser on basic brightness/contrast.  I got some good shots at least I was pleased, especially in black and white which in touched up in using Nik. I found myself turning down sharpness, detail.

I read on another thread that Photo Ninja was a solid program to work with RAW on. I thought I would try it simply based on the speed aspect (especially compared to the Sony program). Photo Ninja was only $79 as I already had Noise Ninja.

I can report to you that my enjoyment of the RX1R has gone way up. Just figuring my way around the RAW I shot yesterday and today and I am doing pretty good with the Ninja program. I will get even better with more than one day's use of it. You are correct...in RAW I have tweaked detail/sharpness etc. and am now VERY pleased with the photos (mostly stuff around the city...not art but merely shots to try out with Ninja).  I now love my RX1R and will get better. Just think: I have had a new camera for just a week AND one day with a new RAW program and I am really pleased. The stuff I tweaked today doesn't seem nearly as sharp and I will get even better at delivering the more creamy texture I have always liked.

I'm sure the RX1 is great and a fine camera but should you jump to the R edition (I'm staying out of the money aspect as I have no clue what you will get for your RX!) I am certain you can make it deliver the photos that match your taste and style.   Sorry so long a post but I wanted to update you.

By the way, I still intend to shoot mostly jpeg but it is good to know that the camera really sings shooting RAW.

Good luck in whatever you choose to do.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow