First shots with my new HS50, a camera that a week ago I hadn't even heard about.

Started Aug 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
prime
Senior MemberPosts: 1,507
Like?
Re: First shots with my new HS50, a camera that a week ago I hadn't even heard about.
In reply to regos, Aug 23, 2013

regos wrote:

prime wrote:

Have you been up to the Grassy Knoll trail (#146) north of Mill A and Willard? There are some excellent vistas from that trail, but we have not hiked it since going digital, so I have no images to share.

I don't know that trail. Where is the trailhead? I know about some of the campgrounds above Willard but would be happy to learn of a scenic trail so close to the house. I have some friends who spend most of their time hiking, so I will ask about this.

It is off NF Road 68. Here is the Northwest Hiker's description (with some photos) of the trail: (NWhiker.com) We have only been there in the autumn, so have not seen the wildflowers. There are some huckleberry patches along the trail that should be coming in about now, but there are better sites if huckleberry picking is your only interest. (These days, we're lazy and mostly buy our huckleberries pre-picked at Riggleman's Fruit Stand on Highway 141 Alternate just below its intersection with 141.)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow