Question about filters

Started Aug 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Travelshooter
Senior MemberPosts: 1,464Gear list
Like?
Re: Question about filters
In reply to neighkon, Aug 23, 2013

In my experience the B+W was easy to clean and the Hoya was a PIA. Once burned twice shy, never bought another Hoya and use B+W on every lens for what I see as miniscule saturation improvement and lens protection.  There are times when you can have a hood on and times when you can't. On tours and trips you may be pulling the camera out and putting it back in a bag many times an hour all day long....  do you want to use a hood you have to reverse to put the camera in a bag, only to have to reverse again to use? Things happen, things get knocked against things. ...  sure a hood is protection but do you travel with it on? Eventually even the lens cap will mark the threads in the lens. I'd rather have a filter there knowing nothing can touch or mark the glass coatings.

-- hide signature --

www.MartinDareff.com

Travelshooter's gear list:Travelshooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon PowerShot G7 X Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow