Who needs a D400 anyhow?

Started Aug 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
CeVe
Forum MemberPosts: 85
Like?
Re: I need a D400...
In reply to JimPearce, Aug 23, 2013

JimPearce wrote:

If I'm shooting with my D300 or D300s, I'm constantly aware that the sensor in my D7100 is better in nearly every respect. If I'm shooting with my D7100 I'm constantly aware that the body of my D300s is better in nearly every respect. And the two notable exceptions - better control in Auto ISO, and separation of exposure compensation and flash compensation with the D7100 - are significant advances for birds in flight and fill flash photography respectively.

-- hide signature --

Jim

Hi Jim,

I really appreciate the picture you often post but when I read that the body of your D300s is better in nearly every respect; are you talking about the body fysically?

Because what I'm thinking: fysically they should be near identical in size but de D7100 wheighs less so isn't that better when hiking/traveling towards wildlife?

Just thinking: could you verify what you meant with the better in nearly every respect?

De D7100 is better than de D300s in my opinion in almost every respect, exept for the buffer (fps if you consider the 1.3x crop as useless). I could be wrong though...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow