Senior MemberPosts: 6,315Gear list
Like?
Re: Time to debunk IP in digital art and photography once and for all
In reply to Mikhail Tal, Aug 23, 2013

Mikhail Tal wrote:

57even wrote:

Mikhail Tal wrote:

57even wrote:

Ask a copyright/patent lawyer. IP is a legal concept not a moral or logical one, so your argument is a complete waste of energy.

What exactly do you think the law is based on if not morality or logic? My argument is that IP laws are logically bankrupt. You are welcome to attempt to refute my argument.

I long ago gave up second guessing how lawyers would interpret such a situation. Logic and the law don't always have much to do with each other.

Let's simplify this into a syllogism: Laws are supposed to be based on morality or logic. Some laws are not based on morality or logic. Therefore disagreeing with these laws is a complete waste of energy completely logical and appropriate.

Generally when I look into these things, there is some reasoning behind them, however laws regarding creative rights are pretty daft. Doesn't mean you should be allowed to make derivative works without some kind of acknowledgement, financial or otherwise.

57even's gear list:57even's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Sigma 20mm F1.8 EX DG Aspherical RF
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow