Africa-Safari with D7100. Which lenses to buy?

Started Aug 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Condor
Senior MemberPosts: 1,768
Like?
Re: Africa-Safari with D7100. Which lenses to buy?
In reply to Condor, Aug 23, 2013

Thanks Aiken,

I'm very interested in those 80-400 and 200-400 you mentioned.  Since as odd as it could sound, this new D7100 unit would be probably remain always attached to the long lens that I will buy based on other members recomendations on this thread.  For all other situations I already  have sort of permanent kits-units; GH3-25mm 1.4 for the majority of normal life shots, family, groups, etc.  LX3-wide lens for wide shots.  A57 would be probably our macro camera with the 30mm 2.8 macro lens always attached.  But the kit that needs higher perfomance-parameters is definetly the really long shots beautiful images kit, which I decided would be based on the D7100.

I could spent even 3 to 4 k on that long shots kit.

We will share and interchange all these kits with my brother based on circumstances and needs.  We will work as a team, ones take the long shots while te other take the landscape or group photo to document that moment.  And we expect to be almost always on safari cars in this specific trip, so we don't care that much about weight. The other shots would be taken in the safari lodge and its near sorroundings.

Ed

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow