Started Aug 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jmeyersnv
Junior MemberPosts: 33Gear list
Like?
Dull prints with a Canon Pixma Pro-100
Aug 23, 2013

Recently, I purchased a Canon Pixma Pro-100 printer to replace my "elderly" i9900, primarily because I wanted wireless connectivity.

From the "get go", I have had problems with this printer, the first and most troubling being a "browning" of every print, even using the default Canon Print Studio Pro add-on to Photoshop Elements.  I spent numerous hours on the phone with the Canon tech support people, who, at the end saw the problem with the prints I sent them but couldn't offer any solution other than to try various color settings with Print Studio Pro until I was able to print a picture that matched the one displayed on my monitor.

Eventually, I was able to do that -- with settings of Cyan +20, Magenta -10 and Yellow -15.  However, the prints still looked lifeless and without any punch to them.  I tried boosting both the brightness and the contrast, but they still had a "veil" to them.  The only analogy I can offer is the difference between eyeglasses that are smudged vs. ones that are freshly cleaned.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I might try to increase the vibrancy of the printed picture?  (Oh, I am using brand new Canon Pro Luster paper, and my printer settings reflect that paper.)

Thank you.

-- hide signature --

J Meyers

jmeyersnv's gear list:jmeyersnv's gear list
Sony RX100 II Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow