Ricoh GR Dust Spot

Started Jun 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Logan3-1639
Regular MemberPosts: 135Gear list
Like?
Re: It is one, not "all over.."
In reply to aleksanderpolo, Aug 22, 2013

aleksanderpolo wrote:

Thank you for your reply. That's good to hear. My camera is at CRIS waiting for parts, hopefully the dust issue is due to defects and not from day to day normal operation. As the former will be a one time issue, the later would require repeated service...

Any idea how I can contact Joe regarding other potential issues?

I should have chosen my words more carefully. By "manufacturer's defect," I meant the dust or debris was, in all probability, introduced during the manufacturing process (according to Joe). He explained that even though the cameras are assembled in strictly maintained "clean" environments, there can be rare lapses in which dust gets into the atmosphere and into some cameras during assembly. It's not a "design flaw" that would affect day-to-day operation, Joe said.

I was impressed that after emailing a reply to my original query, Joe followed up with a direct phone call, and I felt reassured after our phone conversation.

By the way, Joe acknowledged that you can send your camera in for warranty service any time within a year of the purchase date, but he urged me to send it in as soon as possible. He didn't say why. I thought I might continue to use it for awhile, since I've only had it for a few months, and I wasn’t aware of dust on my GR's sensor until I read about the issue here (and then tested my camera), but after our conversation, I packed the GR up and shipped it today.

Here's the last line of Joe's email message: "If you have further questions, please feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at: 800-234-0276."

And here's his email address: Joe.Virgil@us.ricoh-imaging.com.

~Ed

Logan3-1639's gear list:Logan3-1639's gear list
Ricoh GR Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AlsoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow