Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Ruud Wilschut
Regular MemberPosts: 321
Like?
Re: Recent Adorama Ebay D600 "deal"-- FILTHY sensor
In reply to dw2001, 8 months ago

dw2001 wrote:

JeanPierre Koenig wrote:

ALL refurbished items come with caveats, be it a camera OR a toaster. So, while I understand your frustration, I think you are going over board with all these silly statements. Don't like it, return the product and buy another brand. Venting is not helpful to us OR you.

Best,

JP

Bullsh1t, this is EXACTLY what we potential buyers of D600 want to hear, that this problem is real and Nikon is doing nothing about it. Unbelieavalbe!

I will never buy a D600 after hearing so much about this problem.

That's why I'll go for a D800. No doubt the D600 was perfect to me, I think 24MP is more than enough for my needs but I refuse to buy a technically inferior product due to bad design. Ofcourse I can clean the sensor myself, but the fact is, it's not normal to clean it that much out of the box when bought new. Some dust is normal after a certain amount of time, but oil drops certainly NOT.

What if the oil spill stops after -say about- 5000 clicks? Then there is no oil to lubricate the shuttermechanism. Apperently this type shutter needs that much lubrication to function properly. Maybe you'll get a early worn-out shutter which needs expensive repair or replacement - just after the warranty has expired..

I think it's saver to spend a few hundred dollar or euro more to get the proven D800 instead, the larger files taking for granted.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow