Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bfloating
Junior MemberPosts: 39
Like?
Best remote flash for OMD EM-5
11 months ago

Other than the lighter weight and size of the FL-600R and the LED light, is there ANY features it has that the Metz 50 AF-1 DOESN'T have ???  Does the Metz have remote TTL ???  Will it communicate with the OMD EM-5 and its pop-up flash as well as the 600R ???

The advantage, as I see it for the Metz, is twice the power and about the same price.  Its Much bigger, Much heavier and so I'm thinking almost exclusively as a remote/external flash and using either the included mini pop-up flash or the fl300R as the commander on the EM-5 camera and then it won't matter so much about its size.  And would the FL-50R be an option instead of the Metz ?  Its about the same size, weight, price but I am not sure if it will function as a WIRELESS remote TTL .  Anybody SURE about that ????  Love some thoughts from EXPERIENCED owners or users who have been in my shoes at this crossroads.  I know the great reputation of METZ and by comparison, the OLY 600R feels like a Mattel toy in comparison but what about features and performance ???

Thanks in advance,

Richard

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow