Started Aug 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bob Topp
Regular MemberPosts: 412Gear list
Like?
Re: @agentul- thanks for the thoughtful response
In reply to Sean Nelson, Aug 22, 2013

Sean Nelson wrote:

Bob Topp wrote:

I was impressed that Fuji offered an old-style threaded, mechanical remote release- one of the best holdovers from the past.

The threaded release appeals to nostalgia, and I've used plenty of them in my day.   But IMHO an electric release that plugs into a socket on the camera is far superior.   It transmits zero mechanical force to the camera, permits pretty much as long a cable as you want, and allows for things like intervalometer attachments which are essentially unavailable for mechanical releases.

No arguments about wired release cable.    I have used a Nikon MC-36 for years now and love it.  I don't worship the old mechanical screw cables, but they are quick and reliable- there's a lot to be said about being able to shoot without the need for batteries!  I don't care for little IR remote releases, from the few I've used.

-- hide signature --

Bob Topp

Bob Topp's gear list:Bob Topp's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow