Olympus Too Many m43 models.

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Darrell500
Senior MemberPosts: 1,990Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus Too Many m43 models.
In reply to Extra3rd, 11 months ago

I completely agree with you, EP-1,2,3,5, EPL (whatever), EPM (I can't even keep track of current one and the OMD series, what a mess! Olympus has never been known for it's marketing genius just look at the 43 DSLR forums going back 10 years and nothing but complaints about their marketing.

This is a camera lineup that I think would make sense and be understandable for Olympus

1. Tough Series -  This is a great little P&S whose features cannot be duplicated by camera phones.

2. XZ Series - A very well made full featured P&S with a fast aperture again cannot be matched by camera phones

3. EP-X - Built like a tank, small mirrorless camera that will fit in the pocket and give close to Professional results on the go.

4. OMD Series - A more high end semi pro body designed for the real enthusiast.

5. OMD Pen Pro - Advanced pro body that utilizes all the stellar pro ZD 43rds lenses plus m43 lenses.

6. E-X Pro Body - For the professional who still requires use of an OVF plus a larger body to support the larger ZD 43 lenses like the stellar 300 f2.8.

-- hide signature --

"Don't Be Afraid To See What You See"
Darrell

Darrell500's gear list:Darrell500's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1030 SW Olympus E-500 Olympus E-520 Olympus E-5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +27 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow