Started Mar 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
johnty
Forum MemberPosts: 72
Like?
Re: LX7 Firmware Update
In reply to Barrie Davis, Aug 22, 2013

Barrie Davis wrote:

johnty wrote:

Panasonic won't release firmware updates for the LX7,as there is no buisness sence in giving free updates to correct issues,which they can do in the next model presumebly the LX9,which we all will rush out and buy and give them the profit to go on to the next model.

You are wrong to be so cynical.

Panasonic is at least as good as the other manufacturers in that they are very keen to update, improve and correct the performance of cameras already sold. This is keeping faith with the customers and is a means to generate loyalty. THAT's how you get them to buy the latest models as they appear.

If the performance of the LX7 has not been improved in particular areas, despite the requests, you can assume that it's technically not possible, and that improved performance will require new hardware...

... so then you buy the new camera when it appears.

(Panasonic LX line has been on 24-month replacement cycle.)

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Baz
:
"Ahh... But the thing is, these guys were no ORDINARY time travellers!"

I am Cynical about firmware updates as I have had every FZ camera, from the great Fz50 to the Fz150,and LX5/LX7 Which I still use, but I can't remember the last time Panasonic cured any issues with a firmware and I was answering the question on whether there would be a firmware, and sure as I can be after 12 months they are not going to issue a firmware for the LX7.In the same time period I have had 3 firmware updates for one of my Nikon DSLR'S

Cheers John

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow