Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JohnNewman
Regular MemberPosts: 319Gear list
Like?
How good is auto focusing on current m43 cameras
11 months ago

I was an early adopter of m43 with one of the first Panny G1s.  I found the AF excellent but, although recent cameras I've owned (Sony Nex 7 and Fuji X-E1) have given me superior image quality to the now ancient G1, I do find that their AF, to put it frankly, sucks.  I do like the quality of both Raw and Jpeg output from the Fuji  but am missing too many shots of my little granddaughter, simply because the fact that by the time I've focused, she's moved - which of course is what kids do!

I'm not thinking of dumping my Fuji because there is a lot I do like about it but am considering maybe a G6.  As I say, I had no problems with the G1 but what's the honest opinion about the current state of AF in the latest Pannys?

I know all the arguments about DSLRs vs CSCs in terms of PDAF and CDAF but have no intention of going back to Canikon, so that's not an option.  So comments welcome and would be appreciated.

Thanks

John

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow