E M1 on Fourthirds Rumors

Started Aug 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
dave gaines
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,172Gear list
Like?
Olympus SLR Talk and Micro 4/3 forum!
In reply to Lawrence Keeney, Aug 22, 2013

Lawrence Keeney wrote:

I am in the same boat when it comes to lenses. I look forward to a new camera that will focus these lenses quickly.

However I would hate to spend all the money on a E M1 only to have Olympus release the E7 a few months later.

-- hide signature --

Hi Lawrence, Roger and Mark,

No one knows if it will focus 4/3 lenses any faster than the E-P5 does now. Given the relative success of these on-sensor systems to date, don't expect it to be as good as an E-5. The E-P5 focuses the 14-35 fairly easily. It doesn't cut it for the 50-200 or the 35-100.

In a few weeks we'll all know what Olympus has in store. In the mean time we think there is a new MILC to be released. But that is a rumor too. I didn't see the short-lived video but the stills do look like another OM-D.

I won't be rushing out to buy anything new yet. Especially not a MILC. My E-5 works great for now. If an E-7 comes out in the next few months that will be soon enough for me.

-- hide signature --

Dave

dave gaines's gear list:dave gaines's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-330 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow