Recent Adorama Ebay D600 "deal"-- FILTHY sensor

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
RickWheelock
New MemberPosts: 20Gear list
Like?
Re: Perhaps I should go and play with my dolls?
In reply to leicaman, 8 months ago

leicaman wrote:

Rick.... The evidence is as clear as the crud on the upoper left part of the sensor. Dust which you say could have been shaken loose during shipping would be evenly distributed. The dust exhibited here is typical of dusty D600 syndrome .... Thrown into the upper-left of frame by the mirror mechanism.

For the life of me I don't understand why people continue to defend Nikon when they are clearly at fault here and refuse to own up.They are destroying a 70 tear reputation and it's hard to watch. Sad.

If YOU had gotten a bad camera you would I'd wager be singing a different tune.

Well, my camera arrived with spots and a 3K shutter count. I took 10 minutes to clean it up.

I've cleaned it a few times since I got it. It's really not that big of a deal. I like to clean my gear between big shoots anyway. Seems like a good habit to have.

Sure, it's more dirty than other cameras I've had. It's also better than any camera I've ever had.

D800 had/has a left side focus issue. Some cameras have had rubber grips coming off issues. My camera works, and works well. Maybe it requires a bit more from me. That's fine.

As for Nikon, I'm invested in Nikon gear. It would be a huge ordeal in time and money to switch brands, and I don't have either.

RickWheelock's gear list:RickWheelock's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P330
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow