Recent Adorama Ebay D600 "deal"-- FILTHY sensor

Started Aug 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
photoreddi
Senior MemberPosts: 4,694
Like?
Re: white paper test.....my sensor is not flawless
In reply to Bing Chow, Aug 22, 2013

Bing Chow wrote:

When I first did this test few days ago, I shot it at F11, and I really didn't see anything even at 200%. So I retested just now @ F22 and I do see some spots. While not flawless (I stand corrected), it is a far cry from some D600 examples. Those may be the worse of the worse, handled by the roughest of the rough.

Regardless, I'm pretty happy with mine since it has never been cleaned beyond on-board ultrasonics. It's been to DC, San Fran, Costa Rica, Cuba, Sequoia National Park, Seattle, and more.

That's pretty good. So good it may as well be flawless. Most photographers would never shoot real photos at f/22 unless they had an extremely good reason. I've shot at smaller apertures than f/32 or f/36 with some lenses that could go that far, but that was just to test the effects of diffraction, and it can get really, really bad. That was with a D300. A D700 would be a little more forgiving, but not by much. I'd rather have dust on my sensors than have to shoot photos at f/22 with clean sensors.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow