Recent Adorama Ebay D600 "deal"-- FILTHY sensor

Started Aug 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
oklaphotog
oklaphotog Senior Member • Posts: 1,047
Re: Can't believe people are defending Nikon

Bing Chow wrote:

I admit to being a light user, only 17000 actuations. I have mostly zooms so I don't change lens often. And when I do, it's fast. I don't leave the body "open" while I admired the view or take a sip of coffee. The body is attached to a lens full time in storage.

But I still refuse to believe all these dirty D600 are a result of heavy use.

There is no doubt that it is common knowledge that the D600 is an oil slinger. They usually stop after a couple thousand shots or so though. But my Canon's are dust magnets too and after a cleaning, my sensor will look like that after a couple of field assignments in dirty conditions. Just depends on how and where you use it, and many people experience a dirty sensor quite regularly. Shoot something like a manufacturing facility where someone is grinding metal, a rodeo, field sports on a dry and windy day, Semi's pulling in and out of a gravel and dirt driveway to a construction site etc... Anything where the air is contaminated with a lot of particles, it just takes a couple lens changes to get you there.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
TOF guy MOD
vvk
vvk
vvk
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow