Recent Adorama Ebay D600 "deal"-- FILTHY sensor

Started Aug 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
oklaphotog
Contributing MemberPosts: 771Gear list
Like?
Re: Can't believe people are defending Nikon
In reply to Bing Chow, Aug 22, 2013

Bing Chow wrote:

I admit to being a light user, only 17000 actuations. I have mostly zooms so I don't change lens often. And when I do, it's fast. I don't leave the body "open" while I admired the view or take a sip of coffee. The body is attached to a lens full time in storage.

But I still refuse to believe all these dirty D600 are a result of heavy use.

There is no doubt that it is common knowledge that the D600 is an oil slinger. They usually stop after a couple thousand shots or so though. But my Canon's are dust magnets too and after a cleaning, my sensor will look like that after a couple of field assignments in dirty conditions. Just depends on how and where you use it, and many people experience a dirty sensor quite regularly. Shoot something like a manufacturing facility where someone is grinding metal, a rodeo, field sports on a dry and windy day, Semi's pulling in and out of a gravel and dirt driveway to a construction site etc... Anything where the air is contaminated with a lot of particles, it just takes a couple lens changes to get you there.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow