Recent Adorama Ebay D600 "deal"-- FILTHY sensor

Started Aug 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
oklaphotog
Contributing MemberPosts: 788Gear list
Like?
Re: Recent Adorama Ebay D600 "deal"-- FILTHY sensor
In reply to leicaman, Aug 22, 2013

leicaman wrote:

Dear Okla.... Having had one a duster D600 like this I'd like to tell you that it's not that simple. Normal dust IS easy to clean... even oil. Yes... ALL DSLRs get dusty and dirty... but few throw so much dust and oild that they must be cleaned every 30-40 cycles like mine. This problem goes way beyond normal. If all DSLRs had this problem I guarantee we would all still be using film.

Actually most of the Nikon oil slingers, clean up in a couple thousand shots. This problem is not unique to the D600, but many other Nikon's in recent years, especially the D7000. Also we have no idea if that is oil on the sensor. You don't know if it's oil until you go to clean it. If it's oil, it will almost always leave a smear after the first swab. I just think that jumping to conclusions that it *was/is* Nikon's fault is premature. There could be many reasons why the sensor is that dirty. It very well could have been sold, returned, reboxed, and sold again after it left Nikon. Checking the shutter count will give the answer as only Nikon can reset it and all Nikon refurbs leave with the count reset to zero.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow