Recent Adorama Ebay D600 "deal"-- FILTHY sensor

Started Aug 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
oklaphotog
Contributing MemberPosts: 771Gear list
Like?
Re: Not the two I bought
In reply to SnappinOutdoors, Aug 21, 2013

SnappinOutdoors wrote:

Glad to hear it, vvk. Wish I had been as fortunate. What I'm trying to insinuate is the weirdness of this refurbished "batch of 300" that Adorama only sold on Ebay. Makes one wonder.

Did they say they were factory refurbished by Nikon? You know they could have been refurbished by an independent repair center.

When people return cameras to the dealer, Nikon USA does not take them back from the dealer. The only way Nikon USA takes back a camera is if it was found to be "in-store defective", not found defected after it left the dealer. Once it goes out of the dealers door's, Nikon (and everybody else) expects it to be dealt with via warranty. Because of this, many dealers will repackage it and resell it to someone else if it looks unmolested. Dealers at most make 10% on a camera body before factoring processing fees of the credit card and everything else, therefore many will do whatever they have to do to sell it without taking a loss.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow