Recent Adorama Ebay D600 "deal"-- FILTHY sensor

Started Aug 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
oklaphotog
Contributing MemberPosts: 806Gear list
Like?
Re: I agree
In reply to SnappinOutdoors, Aug 21, 2013

SnappinOutdoors wrote:

I will definitely try an exchange. I know it's an exceptional camera when you get hold of a good copy. I'm not concerned about the fanboys... I own more Nikon gear than most on these forums. Just not willing to overlook when these companies start operating in ways that treat good faith and the CUSTOMER as inconveniences. You're right, once that trust is lost, it's all over. Seems they did better on QC with the D7100... hope that is the new normal.

You have no proof that it left Nikon's service center that way. It could have been a demo or have been uboxed by someone before you got it. Someone else could have bought it and returned it, to be reboxed and sold to you by the dealer. Did you check the shutter count? Nikon refurbs come with the shutter count reset to 0. Personally I would be looking at the count, and if it is more than what you have shot with it.. I would exchange it since it would be a dealer error.

I'm not a Nikon fan boy, nor do I own any Nikon gear currently. But having worked at a dealer in years past, my experience has been that Nikon's service center does just as good of work as Canon's or anybody else. Having dealt with every manufactures' centers, being a CPS member, and having colleagues who are NPS members, I can tell you that none of the shops are perfect. But although they are not perfect, the majority of the time they are, and they all pretty much have the same ratio of good:bad service. It doesn't matter what brand you should own, you may encounter an issue. But I highly doubt that the camera left Nikon's service center with a sensor that dirty (although it's not impossible). I've seen hundreds of pieces of gear go in and out of that place. 99% of it was perfect when it came back.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow