Started Aug 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
D Alchemist
Forum MemberPosts: 86
Like?
Apple losing it's way?
Aug 21, 2013

I have become very frustrated that Apple products are (increasingly in my view) failing to deliver on their core incremental value proposition over alternatives- simplicity, reliability, support. iPhoto still can't share a library. Time Machine still can't delete back-ups from an old computer. The brand new Time Capsule still can't serve media. (But hey, it's a different shape! Cool!) These are pretty obvious functionalities with big value adds.  I recently needed a new desktop and just could not force myself to buy the new iMac.  I upgraded a new Mac Mini instead and bought a Dell monitor.

Apple product development meeting, "Get iMovie to import all common video formats easily? That sounds hard and BOR-RING!. Instead let's make the iMac pointlessly thin so the disc drive doesn't fit! You know, like supermodels so hot they don't need to carry money or I.D. And then let's move that card reader where it can't be seen or reached because that was just lame practical. Skinny jeans with the zipper in the back. Dope. Now the case is too tight for user upgrades so...they either buy the Apple upgrade special high colonic or find the whole machine obsolete years premature. Did you feel that? I think the stock price just jumped! Work done here. Vespa for a Trappist?"

My cynicism has come in part because I've politely asked three Apple employees to explain the design changes in the current iMac and all very nicely declined.  I've been a dedicated customer for 25 years but that is likely to end, soon.

What do you all think?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
rMBPNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow