Recent Adorama Ebay D600 "deal"-- FILTHY sensor

Started Aug 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
oklaphotog
Contributing MemberPosts: 769Gear list
Like?
Re: Recent Adorama Ebay D600 "deal"-- FILTHY sensor
In reply to SnappinOutdoors, Aug 21, 2013

SnappinOutdoors wrote:

Powerful, Ron. Powerful. Sent a shiver right up my spine. Now I want you to listen very closely: Items with a known issue, like the D600, when they are returned to Nikon with a stated defect and then placed back in a box that says REFURBISHED.... should be.... wait for it.... INSPECTED and REFURBISHED. Not simply passed to the next guy, hoping they won't notice. *think about it*

Every DSLR I have purchased new, from any manufacturer has had some dust on the sensor and many others report the same. It's just something to be expected, especially when it's sooooooooooo easy and quick to clean. The very first thing I do with any new body is clean the sensor, right out of the box. Granted they weren't as bad as your sample, but either way..... There's not a lot of difference between a few spots and what yours has, as both would require cleaning. Besides the fact that in a few weeks of use, after changing lenses a lot.... any DSLR is likely to look like yours does now, even if it had started out clean.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow