Recent Adorama Ebay D600 "deal"-- FILTHY sensor

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
RickWheelock
New MemberPosts: 24Gear list
Like?
Re: Perhaps I should go and play with my dolls?
In reply to sgoldswo, 11 months ago

Just a thought. I know this is stupid to stick my nose into, but here goes.

You have zero evidence that your camera was not inspected. ZERO.

The sensor is dirty. Yep. Happens. Here's what also happens. That camera is not carried on a pillow to your front door. They ship it, UPS, FEDEX treat it like a hockey puck all the way to your house. Trust me.

That's a lot of shaking going on inside that body.

Dirt got knocked loose. Clean it up and move on with your life. Have you bothered to take a picture not at f18 and a blank wall? Mine arrived dirty, in a refurb box. I cleaned it, shoot with it, and it amazes me. Every so often I have to clean it. Now, maybe your shooting requires you to shoot over f11 a lot. I don't. I'm usually at f2.8 to f9, so even when it is dirty I don't see it. Occasionally I've had to edit out spots. I've even lost a few pictures to stuff I just can't get rid of or don't have the time for. That same sort of thing happened on my D50, D80, D90, D7000, and now the D600. I first learned to clean my sensor on the D80.

There you go. Clean it up and shoot. All tools have a flaw. Use the tool and work with it.

RickWheelock's gear list:RickWheelock's gear list
RX100 III Nikon D600 Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D Tamron SP AF 180mm F/3.5 Di LD (IF) Macro Tokina AT-X 16-28mm f/2.8 Pro FX +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow