Started Aug 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Raymond Cho
Senior MemberPosts: 1,089Gear list
Like?
Still using a D70 or similar camera?
Aug 21, 2013

I had the original D70 for 9.5yrs and just went for a D600.  File size are so good, I deleted 2,000 repeated RAW files on Lightroom and only got back 10GB.

Might sound pedantic, but I am still impressed how good the D70 is.  Granted I don't crop heavily or print posters.  In good light there is limited differences.  When I am inside or in mixed lighting it's not as good so it requires more work in post or incorporate the flash more. The D600 seems to be a more versatile camera with more pop requiring less processing.  I find it fine for afternoon family holiday snaps, tripod landscape and cityscape even thou there is less dynamic range when it is outdoors it's limited away in low light the excess highlights and the excess shadows and for evening street walkabout style the grain might even add a bit more character.

If this was photographs of people inside or inside dark churches, then a newer DX or FX fits the bill nicer or the likes of night time sports or concerts but I seldom do much of those.  We're not really into having family photo's just for that, we have some but don't overload it.  If we travel and see family, we do, but not the regulars.  And much of those are just snaps anyway with the bouce flash.

Raymond Cho's gear list:Raymond Cho's gear list
Nikon D70 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +7 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow