Recent Adorama Ebay D600 "deal"-- FILTHY sensor

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ron_9
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,677
Like?
Re: Recent Adorama Ebay D600 "deal"-- FILTHY sensor
In reply to SnappinOutdoors, 11 months ago

I want you, and those that join in on this, to listen to this very closely--"there are children starving in India and you can't clean your own sensor"       -------just a thought-----ron s.

SnappinOutdoors wrote:

This "deal" was mentioned in a previous thread. Adorama sold about 300 refurbished D600 + 24-85 lens kits for $1599. Hard to ignore, and I rolled the dice and got one for my wife. Unfortunately she will never be able to use this camera, as it's going straight back. Someone made a joke on the other thread about this deal: "yes, I'm sure Nikon has 300 well-oiled machines ready for you", or something to that effect. You sir, were 100% correct. Seems the cynical view of Nikon is becoming very appropriate.

First thing I did was take a blank wall shot at f18, and was completely shocked. Now, I fully expected I'd have a chance at getting a camera that would have "the issue" which we all know and love, that I'd have some FUTURE sensor cleanings.... but here's the thing that burns me more.... what does REFURBISHED mean?? Apparently nothing, because nobody at Nikon ever touched this camera!!! It was obviously simply repackaged and sent back to market. Disgraceful. I hope the image got attached... look at that. A complete debris field of massive proportions. Never seen a sensor so dirty. This was marketed and sold to me as a camera that had been inspected by Nikon. Do you really think so??

I will NOT be going through any ordeal with Nikon to pursue warranty service on this catastrophe of a "deal". Spending more money and time over a clearly flawed camera. It's the brazen attitude of Nikon, falsely representing this as a refurbished D600 that makes me wonder why I want to continue supporting them with my hard earned dollars. The whole sensor issue with the D600 should really be the subject of a class action lawsuit. They will re-sell cameras that are known to be junk... buyer beware.

-- hide signature --

Keeping it sane in an insane world is an inconvenience at an inconvenient time!!
www.pbase.com/ron9ron

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow