Remote trigger for NX1000

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
techmine
Forum MemberPosts: 59Gear list
Like?
Re: Remote trigger for NX1000
In reply to Waltersmatthews, 11 months ago

Waltersmatthews wrote:

Does anyone know if the NX1000 can be triggered wirelessly. Obviously you can have the camera send photos to your I-phone, I-pad etc but can you have the camera fire from one of those devices, or from another device? i.e. from off the camera rather than just from the shutter button?

I bought one on e-bay and want to use it on an extension pole at receptions. It will take a week to get here but I'd like to get things set up to use it ASAP.

After you install the latest firmware on NX1000, you can download "Samsung Smart Camera App" on your phone - available for both iOS and Android. Then you can use remote viewfinder option to fire the camera remotely.

The problem is, even if you keep the camera on manual focus (30mm), remote trigger always engages auto focus, which to me is annoying in a lot of situations - sky/night photos. If anyone knows how you disable that, please let me know.

Other limitations are, you can't operate in any mode other than "smart" mode.

-- hide signature --

Enjoying Digital age!

techmine's gear list:techmine's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX10 IS Nikon Coolpix P300 Fujifilm X10 Nikon D40 Nikon D300S +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow