ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AR81
New MemberPosts: 16Gear list
Like?
K-5 II On/off switch stiffness issues
Aug 21, 2013

Hello,

I am a relatively new owner of a K-5 II (may '13 vintage). I love the results I am getting with it and it must surely do better than what I am currently capable of.

That said, I took it out for a spin in London recently (weather: drizzling occasionally) and the on-off (DoF preview) button has started to become very stiff.When moved the DoF preview notch, the button used to return very quickly to the "on" position. Now, it moves very sluggishly and sometimes needs to be helped back to the "on" position.

Jessops (dealers in UK where I bought the body+lens) and Pentax UK say this can be repaired so I will be sending it off in the next week or so.

The question I have is, has anybody here encountered such issues before? If so, how was it fixed? Did the issue recur or did the repair impact camera performance in any manner?

Do we have any idea why this could have occurred?

-- hide signature --

Aanand

AR81's gear list:AR81's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S1800 Pentax K-5 II Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Pentax smc DA 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED WR
ANSWER:
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow