Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mikhail Tal
Regular MemberPosts: 281
Like?
Already looking ahead to the E-M6
11 months ago

Oly blew it with the E-M1 by making it too much like a DSLR, it might be the ugliest m4/3 camera to date and that grip is way too big. Forget being pocketable, it looks almost as big as the Canon SL1. If I want a huge grip I'll attach a vertical grip; I want the actual camera to fit in at least a jacket pocket. Also I have a feeling the PDAF and Wifi and NFC won't work quite as well as they should since it's the first O-MD version to have those things and I expect they'll be improved by next spring for the E-M6. It's also way overpriced and $1000 is pretty much the limit for what a 4/3 sensor camera should cost. Plus the E-M5 was Oly's last great camera and the ones since then have gotten progressively worse, the E-PL5 was good for entry-level but the E-PL6 was ridiculous and the E-P5 didn't add too much.

Also Panny did okay with the GX7 but it doesn't have the good IBIS, the VF probably isn't as good as Oly's, and the IQ seems no better than the E-P5's. So in conclusion I think the camera to end all cameras will be the E-M6 and Oly will reclaim the 2014 camera of the year award that it's bound to lose this year.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow