Started Aug 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
OlyChamp
Senior MemberPosts: 4,331Gear list
Like?
The Trash Can Debuts F/N One
Aug 21, 2013

In light of my rekindled enthusiasm with photography (and thanks largely to the support in the http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52009307 thread) I have decided to do something that may just be lively and worthwhile.  I did start several threads in attempt to look at photography in different light and was initially successful but all three petered out as interest waned.

So not to be beaten here is another attempt.  Yes it's called The Trash Can and it is what it says.  My intention with this thread is thus:

Photographers post images they have tried unsuccessfully to PP to a desired result. (Note:- the image has to be capable of reworking, i.e. poor lgiht, OOF, etc should not be considered.)

Then it's up to other photographers (and PP experts) to resurrect the image as best they can using whatever license they see fit to use.

And lastly, post that reworked image detailing the processes involved in producing such a result.

Now just because one person attains that giddy height that does not mean others don't need to post a reply.  The train of thought here is not to agree or disagree with that process but to offer up a counter image using your techniques.

I know this may sound time consuming but this thread is not about fast looks, fast responses and fast dismissal.  I tend to think true aficionados leap at the chance to do this as their time sees fit.  And I'm hoping true amateurs will read this thread ( and post images) to pick up on the expertise of others and also at some stage have the skills to try it themselves.  And I must add, this is NOT a direct competition with the other threads for photography, especially C&C.  The hope here is to see folks building their skills. showing off their knowledge, and hopefully resurrecting something someone once thought irreconcilable.

Depending on the popularity or otherwise of this thread I'm banking on a two week turnaround.

If you have any questions feel free to reply to this Post with the letter Q in your post title.

For those wishing to take part, simply reply to this post, and place your own text in your own Post Title Editor

Remember, it's Trash and eventually all Trash is usable!!

Thane

-- hide signature --

"I take photographs, if you want them back see my lawyer!!"
E500, 14-45mm, 40-150mm, 70-300mm, E620, 14-42mm, 40-150mm.

OlyChamp's gear list:OlyChamp's gear list
Olympus E-500 Olympus E-620 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow