Who's image is better, Carsten Krieger's or mine?

Started Aug 20, 2013 | Polls thread
Doug J
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,818
Like?
Re: Who's image is better, Carsten Krieger's or mine?
In reply to Mikhail Tal, Aug 21, 2013

Mikhail Tal wrote:

Doug J wrote:

Mikhail Tal wrote:

Doug J wrote:

Carsten captured & presented what he saw, although somewhat dreary, it's what he saw. You converted it to a garish, over saturated and otherwise overcooked image that does not depict reality. Your style may work for you, and for many others, but it lacks reality IMO.

If you had read his caption that I even INCLUDED in my post, you would know that his image does NOT represent "what he saw" and that he applied HDR to it. My point was that his use of HDR was horribly ineffective and completely unnoticeable.

I read the caption. You don't know it was ineffective from his perspective.

I know that if it wasn't ineffective from his perspective, then he fundamentally misunderstands the purpose of HDR.

I stand by my original post. He has some great shots that work for me, this is not one of them. Its irrelevant if you think he does or doesn't understand HDR. Your reprocessed version I particularly do not find appealing at all, but then it doesn't have to work for me if you're pleased with it. I look mostly at the outcome.

Best regards,
Doug

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow