ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
WatsonPhoto
Regular MemberPosts: 187
Like?
Writing Assistance Needed
Aug 21, 2013

Humor intended here!!!

The other day a photographer colleague and I were looking at an art display in a public square. The display consisted of about 30 images from photographers in the city (population 3.5 million) The images were 30 X 40 in size and the majority of them were very poor on a technical perspective with little artistic merit. The crowning glory was an image taken in the "urban wilderness" of a deer that was out of focus and had glowing eyes from the built-in flash on the entry level MWC technology. What was in common among all of these pictures was the art drivel and art speak language to describe the print and the artists background. Something like I was inspired at an early age in the womb by the wilderness which was amplified by the anatomical enhancement of my vision through the camera lens.

I too would like a government and arts funding grant to create these kinds of images. The only thing stopping me is that I don't really know how to speak "art speak". This is where I need assistance to come up with the language for an art submission. To keep in tune with the current theme I have the image below called "Fuzzy bear attacks photographer!" Note the realism and lack of instagram techniques, selective use of background blurring and adherence to the rule of thirds.

Fuzzy bear attacks photographer!!!!!!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow