24Peter
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,008
Like?
Re: Would you still by the 5D Mrk III?
In reply to TGM123, Aug 20, 2013

TGM123 wrote:

All,

I primarily shoot sports and portraits.

Looks the new 7D II is only a matter of time at this point. While I don’t put too much stock in rumors, they seem to have been coalescing around better ISO performance, higher MP (20-24), 10FPS, “high grade” weather sealing, and a improved AF system (5D III like) and at a price point about $1000 cheaper than the 5D III:

http://www.canonwatch.com/rumor-canon-prototyping-various-sensors-for-the-eos-7d-mark-ii-24mp/

I am trying to decide if I should wait for the 7D II or go with the 5D III. Before these specs started gaining more credibility, I was going to pull the trigger on the 5D III but…alas…I have doubts.

So, IF these stats end up being correct, would you still want to buy the 5D MrkIII for what looks like will be an extra $1000 if you were are sports/portraits shooter?

The canonwatch page says the 7DII would come in around $2000. I'm seeing 5DIII's being advertised in the $2400-$2600 range. The general consensus is the 7DII is not happening in 2013. For $400-600, why wouldn't you buy a 5DIII now - use it, earn money with it, enjoy it, whatever and then if the 7DII is so great when it comes out, sell the 5DIII and get a 7DII. IMO you're agonizing over nothing.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow