Flat view
TGM123
Regular MemberPosts: 277Gear list
Like?
Would you still by the 5D Mrk III?
Aug 20, 2013

All,

I primarily shoot sports and portraits.

Looks the new 7D II is only a matter of time at this point. While I don’t put too much stock in rumors, they seem to have been coalescing around better ISO performance, higher MP (20-24), 10FPS, “high grade” weather sealing, and a improved AF system (5D III like) and at a price point about $1000 cheaper than the 5D III:

http://www.canonwatch.com/rumor-canon-prototyping-various-sensors-for-the-eos-7d-mark-ii-24mp/

I am trying to decide if I should wait for the 7D II or go with the 5D III. Before these specs started gaining more credibility, I was going to pull the trigger on the 5D III but…alas…I have doubts.

So, IF these stats end up being correct, would you still want to buy the 5D MrkIII for what looks like will be an extra $1000 if you were are sports/portraits shooter?

I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks,

Tom

-- hide signature --

www.tommarronphotography.com

TGM123's gear list:TGM123's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM +9 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow