Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
geojoe
Regular MemberPosts: 166
Like?
G1X accident--what do you recommend?
11 months ago

Well it finally happened--and it was entirely due to my own carelessness. My G1X slipped out of its bag with the close-up adapter attached and even a short fall was enough to snap the front trim plate off the lens. The camera still functions and takes photos as it should. I just cannot attach the lens cap nor can I attach my close-up adapter.

My choices appear to be

1. Send it to Canon and pay a large repair bill while living without my camera during one of my favorite times of the year--including not having it on an upcoming trip

2. Do nothing and use it as is

3. Try a "super glue" repair to attach the trim plate so I can at least attach the lens cap--realizing it probably will not support the weight of my close-up adapter.

At this point I am inclined toward options #2 or #3.

Have any of you tried a DIY repair of this nature.

Do you have any other recommendations?

I like the GX1 well enough that if there is no GX2 on the horizon I will eventually consider getting a 2nd one. I treat it as my "walk around lens".  I think it is a great compliment to my 40d--on which my 100-400 lens lives nearly full time.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Joe

P.S. Here is a photo of the damaged GX1 so you can see what I mean

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow