Started Aug 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lightpath48
Senior MemberPosts: 2,398Gear list
Like?
Pondering return to X_ _
Aug 20, 2013

About six months ago I sold my (new sensor) X10 and bought a Nikon P7700. Now, five thousand cycles later, I truly miss some aspects of the X10 (physical zoom, OVF, DR, faster responses for family candids).  I've searched this forum's postings this morning, to see how you all came out on the X10/X20 developments over past months. Maybe it's been a dead topic long enough that I should've gone deeper, because I didn't see much.

Here's my dilemma. I can replace my P7700 for about even money with a new X10, now at $299. I would be really familiar and probably happy again. Or, I could go up to $500 for a new X20 but that would mean laying down another $200.

I confess to being somewhat of a pixel peeper, but not as critically as some. I mainly print online books from collections of photos, with occasional 22" bleeds in 8.5" X 11" book formats.

Not to start a flame war, believe me... but how do those of you who've experienced both the X10 and X20 come out on the $200 difference?  For what I described above, do you think it would be worthwhile or not?

Lightpath48's gear list:Lightpath48's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7800 Nikon D3300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow