Who's image is better, Carsten Krieger's or mine?

Started Aug 20, 2013 | Polls thread
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 21,602Gear list
Like?
His...
In reply to Mikhail Tal, Aug 20, 2013

Just offering my opinion per your question, but ignoring the subject matter and the composition and simply comparing the original photo with your processed version, I much prefer the original.

While my personal style would likely be a bit more saturated, and I probably wouldn't have shot that subject that way, I also tend to be more a fan of realistic photos, and actually prefer contrast, shadows, etc to be captured as they might have been seen by the naked eye.  Tone mapped, overboosted shadows and superbright saturation just aren't my preferred style for most pics.

I also LIKE to photograph in less than perfect light sometimes - capturing a grey, dull, overcast day can be as interesting to me sometimes as capturing a beautiful sunset-glow landscape - it is after all one of the many variations of light and atmosphere that mother nature provides us, and as a photographer I prefer to capture the many looks and feels that we experience in the world.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow