ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ShatteredSky
Senior MemberPosts: 1,088Gear list
Like?
The 2nd year with the TG-1, underwater.
11 months ago

Hi everybody,

so, this was it, the 2nd (longer) underwater outing with the TG-1. I am still quite satisfied with the little thing, as it still allows me to do things during snorkeling that a larger rig would not. However, I grow more annoyed with the heavy-handed noise-reduction, RAW, even with this small sensor would be a blessing. Oh, and the lens could be sharper in the corners at wideangle.

So, Olympus, how about a slightly larger TG-3 with the XZ-2 sensor and RAW?

Anyways, at the beginning of the vacation I got a shock when a hangup of the camera occurred during snorkeling. But this seemed to be related to pressing the shutter too quickly during the writing process to SD. Taking the battery out helped in this case ... so far, so good.

Some first and dirty impressions in the next post. This is still the first small-UW camera that largely satisfies my demands, i.e. the ability to produce (partly) A4 quality photobook quality images. In two years I managed to shoot about 150 submarine Mediterranean species. The only problem remaining are fast moving, smallish critters.

Cheers

-- hide signature --

"Blue for the shattered sky"

ShatteredSky's gear list:ShatteredSky's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS2 Olympus Tough TG-1 iHS Olympus XZ-2 iHS Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +6 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow