the D4x is coming.

Started Jul 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
TOR8472
Senior MemberPosts: 1,550Gear list
Like?
Re: are you suggesting NR NDA?
In reply to Steve Bingham, Aug 20, 2013

You aren't suggesting that NR is under NDA are you? I assume you mean no one is leaking to NR because the NDAs are so tight now and they are more selective in who they share with?

I believe NR is publishing everything it gets that it considers remotely possible of being true. I think the reason NR is getting fewer detailed rumors more than a few days in advance of the official announcment is because some of the leaks in the past were deliberate leaks by Nikon. Of course it could also be that Nikon saw what was happening at NR and clamped down on all the leakers by finding out who they were. If that is the case, that will be bad for NR long term.

Steve Bingham wrote:

Nikonrumors is no longer a rumor mill, but rather a sales office for Nikon products. I imagine they are under VERY tight Nikon restrictions. Too bad. The best source now is knowing someone who is an extremely good friend and also under very strict NDA - and is testing the camera. This is a very valuable position and few, if any, are willing to risk it. Ever notice that full reviews and accurate descriptions miraculously appear within a day after announcement?

TOR8472's gear list:TOR8472's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
D4xNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow