I own the 17mm 1.8, what's the next best lens you can't live without?

Started Aug 20, 2013 | Questions thread
Neurad1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,104Gear list
Like?
Re: I own the 17mm 1.8, what's the next best lens you can't live without?
In reply to The Photo Ninja, Aug 20, 2013

The Photo Ninja wrote:

I have plenty of lenses for my 5D Mark III, but I was thinking of getting just one more lens for my Olympus EP5 kit. The 17mm is awesome. I was thinking maybe a 45mm 1.8 or a 75-300.

Do I need it, NO! Still, thought maybe one more lens for my kit and then call it quits (LOL, yeah right, but no seriously).

I have the MZ 9-18 and use it a lot. I think the IQ on my specimen is quite good, though it is not a fast lens. However, since I use it for outdoor landscape and architectural shots, that doesn't seem to matter often as I am most commonly shooting in decent light. Others might recommend the Panasonic 7-14. I don't have that lens, but lots of folks love it. I chose the MZ 9-18 over that lens mostly because I wanted to be able to use filters, which may not have been such a great reason. I think that many people think the 7-14 has better IQ than the 9-18.

Neurad1's gear list:Neurad1's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony RX1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 +30 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow