Travel storage issue

Started Aug 20, 2013 | Questions thread
sapple
Regular MemberPosts: 417Gear list
Like?
Re: Travel storage issue
In reply to Photoviewer, Aug 20, 2013

There are a lot of storage solutions out there but I don't know of any that don't need a pc of some type to use as a medium. Considering that class 10 32gb SD cards go for about 15 to 20 dollars on sale that will almost certainly be your cheapest solution by far.

The next most obvious is to use a laptop of course and a storage solution of your choice. You could for instance store your photos on a mp3 player connected to a laptop or a smart phone. If you have a smart phone with unlimited data you could use that to upload your photos to a variety of cloud based accounts, both free and paid. I know some cameras have wireless transfer capability now so you may be able to skip the pc and go to your smart phone that way. This of course will be a slow transfer.

Another option to save some space is just save in RAW file format and skip the jpeg. You can always create a jpg later from the RAW file. This wont solve the problem but it will slow down your use of space.

Unless your laptop is a hive of viruses currently, I really do not see it as a problem. After all, when you get back from vacation you are just going to upload those same photos to a laptop or pc.

sapple's gear list:sapple's gear list
Nikon D5200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow