Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Photofreak7
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,703
Like?
Re: HS50 vs SX50
In reply to jcmarfilph, 8 months ago

jcmarfilph wrote:

Photofreak7 wrote:

thanks for the info ... honestly the Canon holds up pretty well IQ wise to the Fuji

Hmmm... you think it is that way? That is not even RAW for Fuji.

Ya OOC the Fuji is sharper but a closer look shows detail wise they are about the same ... contrast and colors are diff for sure ... but take the Canon image and sharpen it and adjust sat and contrast and at least jpg to jpg they will likely be close ... however having said that I have to say that Fuji has been really nailing their lenses lately so I def prefer the Fuji here as it resolves better when paired with the slightly larger sensor ... maybe not throughout the entire focal range but in this comparison for sure.

and likely has better video

Canon SX video sucks. Fuji video is better unless you are zoom-freak while recording video.

that's mostly what I'm refering to being able to zoom smoothly and quietly (if necessary) ... but that's a downfall of the manual zoom which I otherwise like. But most reviews indicate the Canon video is pretty good and in my exp the Fuji video typically isn't as good but the 50 may be better I can't speak for it.

but in every other way the Fuji is better ... VF, LCD, assuming DR and rendering of noise/detail at high ISOs.

-- hide signature --

Don't feed or mess with the crazy person ... just take a photo and walk away ... just walk away man!

-=[ Joms ]=-

-- hide signature --

Don't feed or mess with the crazy person ... just take a photo and walk away ... just walk away man!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow