Started Aug 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ducEduc
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
Think Tank Streetwalker Series [Help To Decide]
Aug 19, 2013

I have boiled down to 2 backpacks to choice from, but am still undecided which of the two I want to get. It is the Think Tank Streetwalker and Streetwalker Pro.

I am a beginner in photography and have a low end dslr. I do not have a mass collection of lens and or accessories. Of course that will change in time. From what I read, the two packs has about the same compartments, pockets, slots, etc. The difference is the dimension. On the pro version, a pro dslr with the extended battery pack will not fit. My choice of backpack is more geared towards compact in size. Between the two, there aren't much difference, but the overall size is noticeable when compared side by side.

My current gears consist only my dslr, Feisol traveler tripod and some other small items. Both of the backpack's height has a difference of .5". The height of the non pro is 7". My tripod with ballhead stands about 24.5" when collapsed. So, I do prefer the non pro version, but at the same time I like the pro version where there is a tripod cup that can be use for larger tripod. Why Think Tank didn't include this with the non pro is anyone's guess.

I cannot find a local store that carries Think Tank packs in which I can measure the overall height of my tripod when placed on the pack to get a sense of how high it sticks up. If anyone who has the non pro version pack and don't mind measuring my tripod height. I like to know how far it sticks up from the top of the pack? Thanks.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow