Started Aug 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Wellington100
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,353Gear list
Like?
S6500 Macros
Aug 19, 2013

I bought a Canon Macro filter for my S6500 after Adam mentioned this product in a post and today I went down to the butterfly house in front of the Natural History Museum in London and had a go at shooting them.

I recommend that anyone in London go down there, entry is £4.50 including the 50p donation and its worth every penny to stand in the midst of these astonishing little creatures who were bred in the house and flutter around non stop. An absolutely unique experience.

The butterfly house is heated and humid so the camera fogged up as I took it out but after 5 minutes the lens cleared and I was away. The S6500 could not have been easier to use. I probably got 1 keeper out of every 3 shots I took with the camera because there is an element of unpredictability with the butterflies who are on the move most of the time. The light diffuses through the roof and its better to go on a sunny day to get more light.

Photos in the next post.

-- hide signature --

Doctors are bad for your lifestyle

Nikon Coolpix S6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow