Started Aug 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tjdean01
Senior MemberPosts: 2,063Gear list
Like?
Carrying Just One Lens (legacys)
Aug 19, 2013

This thread is not really necessary because I'll probably do it anyway, but we like to talk

Now we all know that we first got our cameras we were pretty well covered by the kit zooms (Oly 14-42 is actually incredibly sharp up to around 30 or 35mm then goes soft, mine anyway).  And we all know you can get away will just carrying the 17, 20, 25, or Sigma 30 for a somewhat normal FL.  All great lenses (some people will be content with the more extreme 14 or 45 as well).

Well, I was wondering if anyone uses a legacy lens as a walkaround.  You see, I went up north this weekend and I took the 14-42, Konica 40/1.8, Pentax 50/1.7, Konica 135/3.5.  I actually used them all, but based on where I was--trails and lakeshore--I wanted a wider angle so used the 14-42 most followed by the 40.  I used the 135 when I saw some deer and I only used the 50 when I was taking a portrait of the cat (although the 50 is the best lens of the bunch IMO, even though the 14-42 is sharper than all of them).

I was thinking of buying a very fast 28 (or 24mm) prime.  I enjoy manual focus and the weight of the old lenses.  Walking around with the 40 or 50 is just too much tele.  Anyone do this?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow